Makeshifter The Hangdown
The Hangdown impresses with its simplicity and versatility. This single-compartment pouch is a perfect by itself for day rides, or for adding a little extra volume to your bike camping setup. Attach to handlebars, another bag, any rack, your belt, inside your frame, on a basket–follow your heart! Get weird with it! Holds a layer, lights, snack, tools. Get a pair and use them as mini-pannier bags, then please please please get two small puppies and carry the puppies in them and send me a picture of it.
There are three year-round colorways for the Hangdown, and an occasional 4th color that rotates seasonally.
- A plastic insert helps the bag maintain its stiffness…or, remove it and you’ve got a slim inside pocket (and a camp cutting board?)
- Lever-lock buckles have been replaced with Nano straps from Voilé
- Low-profile magnetic buckle
- Straps connect to a daisy chain for adjustable positioning
- Optional/removable toggle-bungie-doodad connects to head tube/rack/whatever for extra stability
- Flap-top includes a 6×8 inch zipper pocket for easy access to phone, bus pass, etc.
- Taped interior seams, roll top + liner add water protection
- Add an Adjustable Shoulder Strap for easy carrying off the bike—make it a waist pack or shoulder bag
- Roll-top enables capacity 3.5L (rolled) up to 5 liters.
- Rolled dimensions: 11” wide (tapers to 9” at the bottom of the bag) x 4” deep x 7” tall. Expands to 12” tall unrolled.
- Outer: 16oz waxed canvas
- Roll top & pocket: 12oz beeswaxed canvas with a pop of felted merino wool
- Trim, zipper, straps & paracord: nylon
- Liner: 70D ripstop nylon with a waterproof coating